Tuesday, April 28, 2015

New Shaft City

.
I don't mean to suggest that the Magic Mike rip-off Chocolate City could solve race relations in this country, but I also don't mean to not suggest that either. I mean, make love not war, right? And if it's not love exactly...

... well close enough.
Here's the trailer (via):
.
.
They really do push the Magic Mike thing way too hard - "you're really gonna go with "Feel The Magic" as your tag-line? - but in the end who the fuck cares? The movie's delivering what it's there to deliver, and there's plenty of room for all the actors that want to shake their bare asses on camera, if you ask me. 

I anxiously await Magic Mike rip-offs from around the world - gimme a Korean Magic Mike, a Middle Eastern Magic Mike, a Brazilian Magic Mike. I want them all! I wanna see Inuits shaking their g-strings on icebergs, dammit. As for Chocolate City though, two things about that trailer. One...

 ... I love that our main character gets discovered by Main Stripper Dude in the bathroom. I so seriously hope it involves thew two of them standing next to each other at the urinals. And two...

... I am honestly kind of freaked out by this shot of his glistening fingers at the end of the trailer. That's not what I think it is, is it? Oh myyyyy. Hit the jump for a ton more caps...























1 comment:

par3182 said...

Furious 7 just got serious Best Picture competition.