Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Everything You Ever Need To Know About Life...

... you can learn from:

Tommy Boy (1995)
.
Tommy: Brothers don't shake hands. 
Brothers gotta hug. 

Tommy Boy came out 20 years ago today! Have I got any fans up in here? This movie's pretty atypical of the stuff I usually enjoy but I love Tommy Boy, I think it's sweet and dumb and very very funny. Chris Farley could always make me laugh on SNL, and I think this movie's clearly the best thing he did off of that show in his depressingly short career. 

Speaking of Farley on SNL though, I suppose I was just the right age in high school when he was doing his thing that such things would stick but there's probably nobody off of that show that's wormed their way into my conversational dialogue like Farley. I don't think a week goes by where I don't say something he came up with. Granted it's usually...

You cannot go wrong with the SNL collection of Farley skits though. I watch it all the time, it's all a never-ending delight. What is your favorite Chris Farley memory? I also adore the Zagats skit...

No comments: