Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Hold Me Closer Tiny Rogen

.
So I'm sure you've all heard about how Seth Rogen and James Franco's North Korean comedy film The Interview has been, um, causing some unrest in the world... and how now the New York premiere, set to happen tomorrow at the Sunshine Cinema here in NYC, has been canceled due to the terror threats that hacking group has made. I bring this up not because I really have an argument either way - it's probably smart of them to cancel the premiere, although I think canceling the release of the film as a whole is a bit heavy-handed - but because hey remember I saw The Interview several weeks ago at the exact same theater with Seth Rogen in attendance! I almost kind of hope that the film's release gets canceled so I get to be like one of the few special people who saw that "Jerry Lewis is a holocaust clown" movie or whatever. 

But I have seen some people make jokes about haha good riddance to bad rubbish so I'll throw my hat in the ring for the movie - I thought it was very very funny, and it'll be a shame if this outside nonsense spoils its reception. Also, anybody making the argument that Rogen & Co should've known better than to make a movie about assassinating a real-world political figure needs to politely zip it and go study some history - there's a long storied past of real-world political lampooning that this movie falls under, and it's in great, charged, much-necessary company.
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very hilarious movie... and very informative to me

KC said...

Canceling the movie is very heavy-handed, but I have a feeling it's got less to do with the hacker group than the crazy hangers-on who could use the excuse to create violence. I think they should just release it on VOD so those of us who want to see it can.