Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Menage a Franco - Normally this would get its own post but I'm feeling distracted today, so we'll just throw you over to Towleroad for the news that Gus Van Sant's ex-gay movie Michael will apparently feature a hot naked threesome scene involving James Franco, Zachary Quinto, and Teen Wolf's Charlie Carver. So many exclamation points. (Let's hope it's hotter than the one with Udo Kier in My Own Private Idaho, though.)

--- By Swinton - If you're in Paris this week Tilda Swinton is doing a performance art piece called "Cloakroom" where she takes the audience's coats and, well, molests them sort of, and then gives them back at the end of the show. So clearly if you're in Paris, so get your coat molested by Tilda, please! There aren't a lot of folks I'd find such behavior charming by, but Tilda can do whatever, we're good. (thanks Mac)

--- Sister Lives - I think Kate Mara needs to lie about there being no competition between her and her sister Rooney; we need a new Fontaine-DeHavilland feud, lady! It would make the two of you much more interesting. Anyway JJ has some quotes from Kate, but what we're really there for are the pictures with her latest co-star James Marsden looking hella sexy.

--- All Eight - Samuel L. Jackson sneaked a couple of stealth selfies of himself and the first-time all-together gathered cast (plus Tarantino!) for The Hateful Eight. Although Channing Tatum's not there, and I was really hoping he and Damian Bechir would be like all over each other or something. I suppose there's time for that.
.
--- Prince Will Come - I mentioned this yesterday but why not go right to the tight-panted source, especially if the source is Chris Pine himself talking about his own tight pants, and the tight pants of his Into the Wood co-star Billy Magnussen? That's the kind of sourcing we appreciate. Oh and hi Billy Magnussen, I know you were here yesterday since you were favoriting my tweets about your butt.

--- Speaking Of hot butts, Channing Tatum (ahem) thought about directing the Magic Mike sequel but chickened out, but now he's lined something up - an adaptation of the book Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock, which is about a high school student considering a murder-suicide pact with his best friend. There's a role for the good-hearted teacher who tries to save them, which Channing might play. Anybody read the book?
.
--- Get The Hook - I'm putting a lot of blind faith in director Joe Wright for this Pan movie - he's earned it with his previous movies, but Hugh Jackman looks so silly in the first pictures of him wearing his hair and his costume as Blackbeard that I am worried. I think it might probably work better in motion, in the context of the world that Wright's created around him, I hope, I hope, I hope...
.
--- Compu Served - In case you were worried that the Steve Jobs movie from Danny Boyle starring Michael Fassbender wasn't going to happen when Sony dropped it last week... well it was probably willy to worry with all the talent lined up for it -- Universal's picked it and its 30 million dollar price-tag up. That seems steep to me, that price, but whatever, hopefully it's for all the terribly expensive underwear they have Steve Jobs wearing nothing but in every scene.
.
--- And Finally I don't really like the pictures of Jake Gyllenhaal in W Magazine floating underwater that much, Jake's way too obscured - I want to look at him dammit! But I did find this behind-the-scenes broad-backed picture from the photo-shoot (via) to be somewhat more agreeable (although I can't quite figure out what's happening with legs in it, can you?) so here:
.

No comments: