Friday, November 21, 2014

Everything You Ever Need To Know About Life...

... you can learn from:

Working Girl (1988)

Cyn: Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in
my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will.

If you follow me on Twitter you saw that I watched most of three movies last night -- The Birds was on TCM and I always get sucked into that; and also a pair of Mike Nichols' flicks in honor of his passing - Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (which I didn't finish because my copy was in bad shape and Elizabeth Taylor's face kept turning into a formless blob, insert snide comment in Richard Burton's voice here) and Working Girl, which I didn't finish because I am old and it was after 11pm and my bed was calling. But I did tweet some fun stuff about all three movies, I think. Like hey look David Duchovny is an extra in Working Girl!


Learn something new every day.
.

1 comment:

joel65913 said...

I like the idea of The Stand as a multi part series of films, it's just too dense for a single screen version.

I got sucked into The Birds too! I happened upon a Suzanne Pleshette/Tippi Hendren scene and I couldn't turn away.