Thursday, April 17, 2014

Quote of the Day

.
"Crimson Peak is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven. It’s an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I’ve done in the English language. Normally, when I go to do a movie in America for the spectacle and younger audience, for Blade or whatever. This movie’s tone is scary and it’s the first time I get to do a movie more akin to what I do in the Spanish movies. ... [It] has moments that are very visceral, physical violence. You’re in this sort of sedate romance and then there is this brutal moment where you’re like, 'Whoa!' And it has a lot of kinky moments. The only kinky moment I’ve ever shot is the leg fuck in The Devil’s Backbone. [laughs] This has a little more kinkiness than that."

--- That would be director Guillermo Del Toro talking the currently-filming Crimson Peak in a chat with STYD. Peak stars Charlie Hunnam, Mia Wasikowska, Tom Hiddleston, and Jessica Chastain - aka four of my favorite hot young things going right now. And now you know I'm dreaming that there's kinkiness between Charlie and Tom. Please, Guillermo, pleeease!!! (See a picture of Mia in costume over here.)

No comments: